sometimes when i look around my apartment i tell myself i need to simplify. not because everyone else tells me i need to, but because there is just too much to clean up after for one person.

as i search for a new place to live, my biggest concern is closet space. why? because i need more places to hide all my stuff. then it dawned on me. what if i moved somewhere where there were no hidden spaces? then i would have to simplify.


so now i'm looking at lofts. you can't get much simpler then a giant room with a slightly smaller room just above it. these awesome artist lofts had been built in santa ana quite some years ago that were phenomenal. and also phenomenally over-priced. but they were great. exposed brick, exposed wood, cement floors. kind of like my office without the carpeting or the cubicles.

some people have said i'm crazy. actually, first they said "but what are you going to do with all your stuff". my response of course was ikea. in my mind ikea can solve any of my woes. but really, it would be a big shift from what i have now, yet somehow that seems so absolutely refreshing. i'm not sure if it's possible to find a loft in the city that's in a decent neighborhood without being downtown - but i'll try looking anyways...wish me luck.

1 comment:

Enzie Shahmiri - Artist said...

I wish you all the luck in the world! I am sure you will find a super place!

welcome to the end. of the page that is.

say hello.

all content © natalie shahmiri 2006 - 2010